Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 10, Round 2- A stall or dietary error?

weigh in: 150.4 pounds
loss of: 0.0 pounds
total loss to date: 11.4 pounds

I don't believe I have hit a plateau yet, because of some dietary errors I can point to for yesterday. I met some of my family in Cheyenne at Olive Garden and just eating out can be a problem (totally worth it though- I have missed my aunt, especially so much). I had chicken breast, asparagus and salad (however, the salad had dressing on it). I also had a buffalo burger and orange for dinner at home. I had larger portions today. At lunch I was hungry, but at dinner I just kept eating until it was all gone rather than until I felt satisfied. I drank much more water yesterday. I have been feeling parched lately, and still do this morning. I think I will up my water to 4 liters today and see if that helps. I have also been experiencing some uncomfortable constipation. I am going to try to go for a little run later on this afternoon and hope that in conjunction with water and the supplement I am taking will help. I am tempted to do an "apple day," but I think I will wait until tomorrow to see if I am still stalling. Here is a description of what the "apple day" entails as outlined in Dr. Simeons' manuscript:


"An apple-day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch of the following day. The patients are given six large apples and are told to eat one whenever they feel the desire though six apples is the maximum allowed. During an apple-day no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst if eating an apple still leaves them thirsty. Most patients feel no need for water and are quite happy with their six apples. Needless to say, an apple-day may never be given on the day on which there is no injection. The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500-calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily."
(25)

I hope for a break into the 140's tomorrow! I am getting a little frustrated not seeing those digits on the scale. :( However, I completely understand this diet and how it works- I CAN be patient. :)
I will end this post with the following citation for my own and those of you who may need the inspiration and comfort:

"A plateau always corrects, itself, but many patients who have become accustomed to a regular daily loss get unnecessarily worried. No amount of explanation convinces them that a plateau does not mean that they are no longer responding normally to treatment."
(24)

1 comment:

  1. Recently, I ate out and gained even though my food choices were P2. Try eating really clean P2 meals at home and lots of water! You've done great with your losses so far. Hope you see those 140s tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete