Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 2, Round 3- Thanksgiving

weigh in: 153.8 pounds
gain of: 1.8 pounds

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn (4:30 and there was no crack :)) to prepare the stuffing and put the turkey in the oven. Growing up both of my grandmothers made it seem so romantic, as if something magical happened in those wee hours of Thanksgiving and Christmas morns. However, I am here to tell you there is no magic. This is what has to happen when you buy a 22 pound turkey. It has to bake for 9-10 hours, and you better wake your lazy bones up that early if you want your guests eating on Thanksgiving day and not the day after. haha!

In all honesty, there is still magic occurring during those hours. It felt wonderful, and at such an hour for me, if that was the feeling then there definitely had to be something swirling in the air. :)

I also wanted to comment on this observation: As I was lifting, cleaning and wrestling the 22 pound turkey I had acquired- I thought about the fact that I will have to lose the weight of this 22 pound turkey and then some to reach my goal. You don't really think about the actual weight you carry around until you are faced with a cumbersome and heavy 22 pound turkey, eh? haha! Furthermore, it is one thing to think about a 22 pound turkey, but then think about the actual 22 pounds or more of pure fat so desperately in need of release. Let me just say 22 pound turkey again, because I don't think I said it enough... 22 pound turkey. :) Sometimes I crack myself up! :) :)

Now on a serious note, I am thankful for:
  • My two beautiful, healthy, happy darling little girls!!! I love these two more than I thought possible.
  • My loving, humorous, intelligent and crazy husband who takes care of us so well and loves us all dearly.
  • My family. Although, we are far when it feels like we should be near we will be thinking of you all this year.
  • My home.
  • My health and the health of my loved ones!!!
  • and, HCG. I am thankful to at least not be bound by the constraints of my own weight and insecurities in this realm of my life anymore, and never again!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment