Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Au naturale- part deux

Okay, so here are the shots done as chipmunck suggested (minus a smile), because these were my original photos and I just didn't smile, and I am pretty much done with taking pictures. haha! I do agree, though- the pictures should be more similar to show the true contrast between the two people you see. Thanks for the suggestion! I still personally think makeup can do wonders. :) However, I don't have a problem with the "no makeup Caitlin." This is incredible, because before I would never leave the house without at least some concealer and mascara. It was just not done. I went to the grocery store yesterday without makeup and I do it a lot more now. And besides I am sharing it with the whole world and it wasn't all together that long ago I didn't even want my husband to see me without makeup. :) Additionally, he still teases me, because my luxury item if I were to go on Survivor would be mascara. I know I am a dork. haha! If my eyelashes showed up without the aid of the black gunk that would be awesome, but they don't and I sincerely believe my eyes are the best attribute to my face.

Would others be willing to do this? I think it would be interesting to see other people flaunting their undone faces alongside their painted ones. :)



8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful face but I do like the mascara :)makes your eyes stand out even more. I dont think I could go without the foundation. Maybe next year :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful skin, eyes, and cheekbones! I like you both with and without makeup. I go without makeup at least once over the weekend, going to the grocery store and running errands. I never really thought of it as liberating, but more so as a break for my skin from having stuff on it.

    I also loved your post about not wanting to always think of yourself as 180lbs. You've come so far, and I think it just takes a little time for your mental image of yourself to catch up with your physical image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Makeup is a weird conundrum for me, I love it and yet want to be free of it, but then again not really. If that makes sense. I love how I feel in makeup now. Before I used it as a distraction- "no, no I am not fat it's okay!" :) But now I just like how it adds to my confidence. It is kind of neat to be free of such vanity or insecurity to release such photos of myself though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. I would simply wear a shiny lip gloss and some mascara. Your eyes do pop w/ it. Though I think everything else would be just fine. Your lips are fine, but I like the little color.

    I don't wear make up. I am SUCH a tom boy and can't be bothered to wear makeup. heh. Though I do enjoy it.
    I also dress like a tom boy but since I gained weight I try to dress up not to look like a fat slob. No one minds a skinny slob. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have gorgeous eyes! You look pretty without makeup but the way you apply it cetainly enhances your natural beauty.

    I'm the opposite and have started to wear makeup, again. I didn't wear it when I was heavier and now I have a rainbow of colors sitting on my bathroom counter. I'm like a teenie bopper with the fashion magazine on the counter and trying to copy a look in the magazine. AR

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are gorgeous either way, but it is incredible the difference with your eyes when you wear mascara! You're lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're lovely either way, but it's obvious that you feel more comfortable with makeup. I wear makeup infrequently ... I once even had someone leave an anonymous attack on my desk in my office in the form of an article once claiming that professional women MUST wear makeup. It hurt my feelings, because my demeanor was professional, I dressed neatly and appropriately, but I prefer not to wear a ton of makeup. So, I wear a lightweight foundation, sheerish lip glosses, and mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so I read part one just now and commented on your eyes. They have depth in them with or without. I prefer without. I'm gonna take you up on this disclosure so I'll post my pics tomorrow.

    Everyday makeup is just lipstick but when I want get dressed up I add eyeshadow and mascara. I hate foundation! I feel phony when I wear too much makeup(that means mascara and eyeshadow)

    ReplyDelete