Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 10- Okay, I take it back...

weigh in: 167.0 pounds :(
loss of: 0.2 pounds :(
total loss to date: 13.2 pounds

I am disappointed. It is true, I take it all back from yesterday. I guess it is just not possible for me to keep in mind all the things you need to remain calm. :)

I take slight comfort in the following from Dr. Simeons' manuscript:

"After the fourth or fifth day of dieting the daily loss of weight begins to decrease to one pound or somewhat less per day, and there is a smaller urinary output. Men often continue to lose regularly at that rate, but women are more irregular in spite of faultless dieting. There may be no drop at all for two or three days and then a sudden loss which reestablishes the normal average. These fluctuations are entirely due to variations in the retention and elimination of water, which are more marked in women than in men.

The weight registered by the scale is determined by two processes not necessarily synchronized under the influence of HCG. Fat is being extracted from the cells, in which it is stored in the fatty tissue. When these cells are empty and therefore serve no purpose, the body breaks down the cellular structure and absorbs it, but breaking up of useless cells, connective tissue, blood vessels, etc., may lag behind the process of fat-extraction. When this happens the body appears to replace some of the extracted fat with water which is retained for this purpose. As water is heavier than fat the scales may show no loss of weight, although sufficient fat has actually been consumed to make up for the deficit in the 500-Calorie diet. When such tissue is finally broken down, the water is liberated and there is a sudden flood of urine and a marked loss of weight. This simple interpretation of what is really an extremely complex mechanism is the one we give those patients who want to know why it is that on certain days they do not lose, though they have committed no dietary error.
"

Other possible reasons are as follows: I did help make enchiladas for a big gathering yesterday and had to roll the fried tortillas. Lots of oil! I tried washing my hands frequently, but perhaps that affected my weight loss? Other possible reasons according to Dr. Simeons' manuscript and all don't really give me comfort, because the above one I cited usually occurs near the end of treatment. The following other reasons are as follows:
  • The Plateau (usually lasts 4-6 days and occurs during the second half of a full course) not in this range either. :(
  • Dietary error (I actually ate less yesterday than 500 calories).
  • Or, I am pregnant. (Please don't be this one! Not ready to be pregnant right now.) (see pages 24-26 of the manuscript- I put a link to an HTML format in the sidebar)
Here is what I ate yesterday due to time constraints and a mere lack of desire to eat completely.

Lunch: apple and grissini bread stick

Dinner: shrimp, orange, cucumber, grissini stick (I left some of the shrimp, orange and cucumber on my plate.) Just have not been feeling that hungry.

So, this is why I feel really disappointed. I will drink lots of water today, and see what happens tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Recent Update:

Nothing to worry about right at the moment!!! Sorry, about the gory details that follow, :) but I just had a BM and reweighed myself I am down to 166.0 pounds.

Loss of: 1.2 pounds
Total loss to date: 14.2 pounds!!!

Amazing! I thought I would leave all this information up anyway, because it is helpful.



3 comments:

  1. hip hip hooray!!! I gained 2 lbs yesterday and have no clue why. I am so glad you are sharing with me. we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we can! It is so exciting! From the sounds of it, "Just relax and the flood gates will open soon enough." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I am stalling like crazy. I have been underating for the last 3 days and I am still stuck. I read some good plateau notes at: http://www.ask.com/bar?q=plateau+using+HcG&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hcgfatloss.com%2Fhcg-plateau-breakers-and-daily-weight-loss-rate-maximizers.htm

    I am going to drop the bread sticks all together AND get Ketosis sticks to see if I am really in the fat burning mode?

    ReplyDelete