Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand words

Thank you for the comments on my picture below.  I took that picture yesterday to depict one of the flower clips we made and was pleasantly surprised.  I really love that picture of me.  A picture that happens to reveal something different about oneself can't help but make one feel good.  I love the fact that I am not wearing brown, black or white (my go-to colors when I am heavier).  I also love that it is a little more artistic than some of my others. :) 

As I get closer and closer to my goal I start looking completely different in pictures and it is more about the confidence that inevitably blooms with weight loss.  I see it all the time whether you have 15 pounds or 200+ to lose.  I think that is why I love before, during and after photos of not only myself, but of all who make this journey.  It is simply wonderful to see a different kind of smile on someone's face.  A smile of achievement!  After all, as we all know weight loss is not simply a vain venture.  It is a growth period to reveal the beautiful self you want to portray to the world.  A time to learn about yourself, accept your flaws, change the flaws you can and a chance to uncover the many reasons why to love yourself.  We are imperfect beings and in that imperfection, it is said lies true beauty.  

So now onto weigh in:  167.4 pounds again

Either one of two things is going on here:  One, I am stabilizing 2 pounds above my lowest weight, which is awesome because at least it is stable... and only 2 pounds above which I can live with.  Or, two my scale is broken.  I will take the first option. :)  

We'll see what happens tomorrow.  I am so excited to start another round, because in just one more short round I will be back to pre-baby body!  ...barring any unforeseen obstacles.

Valete!  

(I took Latin in college.  Yes, yes you all can join my husband in jeers about taking such a course. lol!  "Who takes Latin- a dead language?!"  But I loved it, even though I hardly remember anything, which is the case with the French I took in High School.  Once again taking a language that would actually be useful like Spanish never crossed my mind. :)  Languages are not my forte... okay on to the point:  "Valete" is a typical closing many Romans would use which means: "be well."  Just thought it fitting and I haven't thought about it in a long while.  So Valete!                    

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with what you said about being able to visibly see someone's confidence level grow as they lose weight. Sometimes I am sad for the Biggest Loser contestants, because they lose it so quickly, they don't have time to become at HOME in their new, smaller bodies...you see them standing in the same way (knock-knees, shoulders hunched, almost as if they want to disappear) even after they've lost 100 pounds!

    ReplyDelete