Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New puppy!

We got a new puppy! Actually two female puppies to be clear. One for our family and the other for my parents-in-law. We got two Australian Shepherd puppies. We named our puppy, Kinta. It is an Australian aboriginal word meaning laughter. My parents-in-law named their dog, Abby. We have both of them for the time being. I am doing the initial indoor and obedience training. They are about 3 months old and just at the stage when I can start training. I am pretty impressed with how quickly they are catching on to basic commands. Nothing like a well-trained dog! :) I am glad they are a bit older too because they can go outside and are able to run in the snow without too much struggle. They are so adorable and we are having so much fun with them!

Kinta

The first night they ducked underneath my china cabinet a little apprehensive about the transition. Kinta on right.

Playing in the backyard.

Just thought I would check in since I have been away for so long and let you all know about this little bit of news. I am doing pretty good. I am above my lowest weight by more than I want to be, however I am stable which is all I can ask for. I don't want to be just gradually increasing over time. Anyway, I will try and catch up with all of you and hope you all are doing well in losing and maintaining!

5 comments:

  1. PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy breath! Is there ANYTHING sweeter in the whole wide world??? I ask you- Those are 2 precious faces! Australian shepherds are very smart dogs, so I'm sure they will respond well to your obedience training. Is Kinta a girl? Congratulations on your new family members!

    Glad to hear about your stabilizing--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... I love it - what sweet looking babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the sweetest dogs ... as long as they get TONS of exercise every day!

    I'm so happy for you and your family that you've opened your hearts to a new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah- they are both females. Thanks guys for the comments. It is hard to move on, but they really are a joy. My oldest daughter keeps saying she wishes Mattie was here to be their mother. :)

    ReplyDelete